Monday 2 March 2015

Location, Props and Costume Report

Location, Props and Costume Report


I have taken all but one of my images in the photography studio at college, the image I have used on my front cover was taken in studio at college as I could take full advantage of the green screen and lights provided, this helped make sure I could get the best lighting possible and made it easy to crop when it came to editing the image for my front cover. There is not much in the way of colours other than dark red and beige, predominantly it is black. This links to the colours I have chosen to use for my magazine. I had my friend stand in a serious pose to show rebellion as my target audience is a rebellious young male audience. The image I have used for my contents page was taken at a different location – Martham skate park, being as my magazine is a hip-hop and skateboarding magazine this aids putting across that this is the type of magazine I am going for. I got my friend to do an “Ollie”, which is a basic skateboarding trick off of the box, this gives my magazine appeal as a skateboarding magazine and attracts the eye of skaters. The image on my feature article was taken in the studio at college and is of the same person I used on the front cover, for the purpose of this magazine made up rapper, “Erniethewhite”. He is using a gun as a prop to signify that he is rebellious and to look intimidating,  a perception hip hop artists want to convey. The costumes used in the cover include skate brands and street wear such as Alife and past season Tommy Hilfiger.

No comments:

Post a Comment